Peter Abilla (shmula blog) is hiring a Manager for Process Improvement [the broken link was removed] to work with him at eBay. It is a great opportunity, in my opinion.
Here are some highlights of what he is looking for:
- Experience implementing Lean and Six Sigma in transactional environments (non-manufacturing).
- Experience with Value-stream Mapping (current- and future-state), Lean Consumption and Lean Provisioning
- Experience with Lean beyond just book knowledge — I’m looking for hands-on implementation of Lean.
- You can explain why variation sucks, with examples — both qualitative and quantitative. How does the DMAIC framework approach variation?
- You can explain the difference between poke-yoke and mistake-proofing (trick question) and give examples from everyday life of poke-yoke.
- You can explain and have an intelligent conversation about the above items with people who don’t have backgrounds in Engineering, Lean, or Six Sigma and have the ability to make the above-items relevant and in-context.