The Society of Manufacturing Engineers brings us the web site: manufacturingiscool.com [the broken link was removed – maybe manufacturing isn’t cool anymore 🙁 ]. Maybe this is the answer to Bill Waddell post: We Don’t Get No Respect 🙂
From the manufacturing is cool site:
Ways to help young people find career opportunities in manufacturing and engineering. Also refer our searchable database that shows college and universities that offer manufacturing programs, options, courses or labs. There is also a list of accredited programs and options in manufacturing engineering, engineering technology or industrial technology.
The site really does have some useful and interesting material (especially for teachers). Demonstrating the coolness of manufacturing might need a little work, but this is a start.
- Manufacturing and the Economy
- Manufacturing Jobs Data: USA and China
- Global Manufacturing Data by Country
- Science and Engineering Macroeconomic Investment
- Posts from the Curious Cat Science and Engineering Blog on engineering careers, items of interest to science and engineering students and science and engineering economic impact