The Curious Cat management blog carnival is published twice a month: with hand picked recent management blog posts. I also publish a collection management improvement articles on the Curious Cat Management Articles site.
- Retail Values for Lean Leadership by Jon Miller – “A successful lean leader must also have this retail mindset – a keen sense of customer intimacy and always being in the moment of truth to delivery a quality product or service… Yet the customer experience aspect is perhaps one of the least developed areas within lean thinking.”
- Series of posts on Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge by John Hunter: Theory of Knowledge, Psychology (Managing Human Systems), Knowledge of Variation and Appreciation for a System.
- Don’t Let Lean Myths Stand In Your Way by Tim McMahon – “leaders have to learn to think differently and see their customers and business differently, that’s people development, not tools development.”
- Preparing for the Natural Tendency to Backslide by Gregg Stocker – “There is nothing more critical to success in a lean transformation than learning. Keep in mind, however, that people can only learn when and what they’re able to at any given time. By continuing to emphasize the need to understand cause and effect – or the reasons why results are what they are – you will greatly increase the chances that the organization will develop a learning environment. “
- Why try Kanbnan? by Allan Kelly – “to be effective Kanban requires to learn from what the system is telling you and adjust. If you can’t put the learning into effect Kanban will not be effective. However,”
- One Step Back, Two Steps Forward – “the times when you feel like you don’t have time to step back and reassess are exactly the times when you should.”