In my podcast with Tom Cagley, Software Process and Measurement Cast: John Hunter on Management Matters, as you might expect there was a bit of a focus on software development and agile software development as related to the ideas I expressed in Management Matters: Building Enterprise Capability.
- Deming: management system, continual improvement, respect for people (the 3rd point I said I would mention, but didn’t)
- Why do so many management improvement efforts fail?
- The proxy nature of data
- Building Adoption of Management Improvement Ideas in Your Organization
- Fear Degrades Capability to Perform
- Improving the effectiveness of decision making by building critical thinking capability – In Praise of Data-Driven Management, Why You Should be Skeptical of HiPPO’s – Respect People by Creating a Climate for Joy in Work – PDSA iterative improvement cycle
- Work is a Part of the Overall System of Life
- Hexawise – software test plan solutions
- Appropriate technology – Aztech labs (providing clean water in India)
Related: Living in Malaysia – Business 901 Podcast with Me: Demingâ€™s Management Ideas Today – Process Excellence Network Podcast with John Hunter – Leanpub Podcast on My Book, Management Matters: Building Enterprise Capability – Business 901 Podcast Discussion on Management Matters