The Curious Cat management blog carnival is published twice a month: with hand picked recent management blog posts. I also publish a collection management improvement articles on the Curious Cat Management Articles site.
- Retail Values for Lean Leadership by Jon Miller – “A successful lean leader must also have this retail mindset – a keen sense of customer intimacy and always being in the moment of truth to delivery a quality product or service… Yet the customer experience aspect is perhaps one of the least developed areas within lean thinking.”
- Series of posts on Demingâ€™s System of Profound Knowledge by John Hunter: Theory of Knowledge, Psychology (Managing Human Systems), Knowledge of Variation and Appreciation for a System.
- Donâ€™t Let Lean Myths Stand In Your Way by Tim McMahon – “leaders have to learn to think differently and see their customers and business differently, thatâ€™s people development, not tools development.”
- Preparing for the Natural Tendency to Backslide by Gregg Stocker – “There is nothing more critical to success in a lean transformation than learning. Keep in mind, however, that people can only learn when and what theyâ€™re able to at any given time. By continuing to emphasize the need to understand cause and effect â€“ or the reasons why results are what they are â€“ you will greatly increase the chances that the organization will develop a learning environment. “
- Why try Kanbnan? by Allan Kelly – “to be effective Kanban requires to learn from what the system is telling you and adjust. If you canâ€™t put the learning into effect Kanban will not be effective. However,”
- One Step Back, Two Steps Forward – “the times when you feel like you donâ€™t have time to step back and reassess are exactly the times when you should.”