Diana Davis with the Process Excellence Network interviewed me for their podcast series, process perspective – Management Matters: Interview with author John Hunter (listen to podcast). Additional details on some of the ideas we discussed:
- How could they know?
- Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge: psychology, understanding variation, viewing the organization as a system, theory of knowledge
- “the most important figures that one needs for management are unknown or unknowable” Lloyd Nelson as quoted by Dr. Deming in Out of the Crisis.
- 7 deadly diseases – CEOs Want Health-Care Reform and Finally Putting Serious Effort into Bringing it About
- 2 new deadly diseases: excessive executive pay and broken copyright and patent systems – new deadly diseases subreddit (links to resources and articles on these issues), Tilting at Ludicrous CEO Pay, Why Copyright Extention is a Very Bad Idea
- Building enterprise capability – Building Management Improvement Success in Your Organization
Related: podcasts and interviews on Management Matters – Business 901 podcast: Two New Deadly Diseases for Business – Deming’s Management Ideas Today (podcast with John Hunter)
Pingback: Podcast Discussion on Management Matters | Curious Cat Management Improvement Blog