The 2009 annual management improvement blog carnival continues with more bloggers posting highlights from some of their favorite management blogs. Also see 2009 Annual Management Blog Review Part 1 and part 2.
Mark Graban’s review took a Boston theme covering Chasing the Rabbit, Running a Hospital, Gemba Coach and John Shook’s Management Column. Highlights include:
- Medical Intensive Care Units go Lean: Result = Happiness
- What’s health care reform missing? Quality!
- How Do I Convince People to Practice Lean?
- A Trip to the Dentist That You’ll Enjoy
In the 3rd carnival post on the Stats Made Easy blog Mark J. Anderson took a look at Seth Godin’s blog and among other things liked: Godin suggests that under the bright light of the internet being generous and fair in business dealings pays off now more than ever.
Bryan Lund found some inspiration from the Three Star Leadership Blog, Process Rants, Capable People? and the Leadership Styles Blog. Highlights include:
- A simple questioning method to help people buy-in to process improvement
- Wally Bock showing how problems are like dinosaurs
- Underpromising and overdelivering, not such a good idea
- Shaun Sayer’s debunking a number of ISO myths in Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
And I covered, Training Within Industry, Visual Management Blog and Making IT Clear to bring the annual management carnival to a close. Highlights include:
- Information Technology is all about the Business
- Visual Management for Agile Teams
- Building up Standard Work Using Job Instruction
This year 10 blogs took a look back at excellent post from 34 management blogs in 2009, providing some great idea to help managers improve. Don’t forget to visit each carnival post and find some excellent ideas you can use and perhaps some new blogs to add to your RSS reader.
Related: Management blog directory – 2008 Annual management blog review